It’s not too soon to take steps to make your resources last a lifetime. You can “write” your own retirement paycheck as you learn to make informed decisions about your retirement savings and withdrawals. You’ll learn how health insurance, inflation, required minimum distributions, and taxes will impact your retirement paycheck.
Intended audience: Adults of any age
Format: Two 2-hour workshops
- Begin By Planning Today
- Picture Your Future
- Retirement Income: How Much Do You Need?
- Estimating Your Retirement Expenses
- Money Math
- Where Will Money for Your Nest Egg Come From?
- Growing Your Nest Egg: Risk and Return
- Retirement Investment Options
- Special Considerations for the Self-employed
- Update Your Home for a Lifetime of Living
- Legal Issues in Later Life
- Considering Early Retirement Options
- Retirement Transitions:
Short recordings giving Iowans the option to listen to retirement advice when it works for them.
Begin by Planning Today
- Video (18 minutes)
Picture Your Future
- Video (14 minutes)
Planning for Retirement Expenses
Build a Bridge to Your Future
- Video (6 minutes)
Social Security: Understand Your Options
Roth vs Traditional Accounts
- Medicare Prescription Drug Program
- Social Security Administration - figure your retirement benefits, apply for retirement benefits
- Choose to Save - financial calculators and tools to help save for retirement
- Iowa's Senior Health Insurance Information Program - Info on Long-Term Care Insurance, Medicare Supplement Insurance and other health insurance issues
- Employee Benefits Security Administration - educate and assist workers regarding pensions, health plans and other employee benefits
- American Savings Education Council - savings tools