Iowa State University Extension and Outreach presents...Healthy & Homemade
A nutrition calendar designed for novice cooks who want to stretch their food dollars.
Iowa State University Extension and Outreach is once again offering a nutrition calendar for sale to other universities and organizations. The 2021 calendar theme is "Healthy & Homemade" and is available in both English and Spanish.
Designed for audiences with low resources, calendars have been used in the Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP), Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program – Education (SNAP-Ed), Farmers Market Nutrition Education, and others.
Download the promotional flyer for additional information.
The 12-month, 11"x17" full color wall calendar:
- supports ChooseMyPlate messages
- helps families and individuals implement new eating and physical activity behavior
- features healthy, tasty, tested recipes rich in fruits, vegetables and whole grains
The calendar also will include space on the back cover where a sticker with information about your local program could be added.
Universities and organizations purchasing a minimum of 500 calendars will be listed on the back cover of the calendar, if orders are placed by the July 10, 2020 deadline. No organization logos or identifiers are used on the cover or inside the calendar. However, Iowa State University Extension and Outreach will be identified on the back cover as the originating state.
About the recipes
- Food safety is incorporated in the recipe steps
- Recipes feature vegetables and fruits, whole grains or legumes, and dairy products that often are not well represented in the diets of low-income families
- The recipes were analyzed using Food Processor® and adhere to Iowa State University Extension and Outreach recipe guidelines
- Reading level of recipes averages fifth grade as measured by the Flesch-Kincaid Readability test
- Clear instructions and simple words describe food preparation steps for new cooks
- Ingredients used are low-cost and readily available
- Only basic equipment and appliances are needed
- Each month shows a complete meal menu or a snack
- Space included for appointments
- Nutrition analysis looks just like package labels
- Inside back cover features a bonus recipe and information on baking essentials.
Calendar Cost and Shipping
At least 100 copies must be ordered to take advantage of this offer. Price per calendar is $.85. The price includes drop shipping within the United States. Additional shipping charges apply to orders shipped outside the United States. You must have ordered by the July 10, 2020 deadline to receive the early order price. After the deadline, a limited number of 2021 calendars will be in stock at the Extension Store at a cost of $3.00/calendar in late September 2020.
Calendars will begin shipping in late August/early September 2020. Please take the time to verify that the quantity of calendars received is correct. You will have 30 days from the date the order is shipped to make any claims.
Calendar Orders and Payment Processing
Advance orders for the 2021 Healthy & Homemade Calendar closed on July 10, 2020.
Ordering and payment processing questions should be directed to: email@example.com. Please reference the 2021 Nutrition & Fitness Calendar.
All customers will be contacted in September for payment processing procedures.
Placement of a pre-order constitutes your express agreement to purchase ISU Extension and Outreach nutrition and fitness calendars at the price and quantity specified. You represent and warrant that you are authorized to act on behalf of your organization in placing an order.
Signup to receive notification about advance orders of the Nutrition and Fitness calendar.