The state of Iowa has specific laws and regulations related to food that is prepared at home and sold direct to consumers. This online course will guide you through regulations and the best food safety practices to ensure safe handling of your product from the kitchen to the point of sale.
Intended audience: Home bakers (licensed and unlicensed), exempted home food operators, farmers market managers
Format: Self-paced, online course
This course was specifically designed for residents of the state of Iowa. If you are outside of Iowa, please check your local state rules and certification requirements.
Participants must complete all modules in order to receive a certificate of completion:
- Module 1: Iowa Policies and Regulations
- Module 2: Food Safety Basics, Non Temperature Control for Safety (TCS) Foods and Temperature Control for Safety (TCS) Foods
- Module 3: Foodborne Pathogens
- Module 4: Safe Food Practices in the Kitchen
- Module 5: Safe Food Practices during Food Preparation
- Module 6: Safe Food Practices during Packaging and at the Point of Sale
Face-to-face workshops available upon request.