Wiggling worms and giggling children — that’s what you can expect with this wildlife education session! You’ll examine ways to build and nurture children’s sense of wonder about nature, wildlife, and the great outdoors.
Intended audience: Early childhood professionals
Format: One 4-hour workshop
Certification: Approved by Iowa Department of Human Services (DHS) for Child Care Professional Development Credit
Growing Up WILD is an early childhood education program for professionals teaching and caring for young children, ages 3-7.
Participants receive a Growing Up WILD: Exploring Nature with Young Children Activity Guide featuring:
- 27 nature-based themes— new and exciting activities every week!
- Crafts, art, music, movement, math, reading activities, and “take me outside” events
- Snack ideas, take-home family activities, materials list, and suggested resources
- Social, emotional, physical, language and cognitive domains
- Correlations to NAEYC, Iowa Learning Standards & Head Start Domains
4 hours of professional development credit is approved by Department of Human Services for each workshop.
Ready to Learn?
Find and register for workshops on the Iowa Child Care Provider Training Registry. Click on Search Trainings and type in Reconnecting in the title search box.