When you understand possible financial solutions for care of a loved one, you and your family can make the best decisions for their care. As your family plans together, be sure to look at financial solutions that protect the financial future of the caregiver. We’ll guide you through the steps of finding and collecting needed information and share tools to help you in your decisions.
Intended audience: Adults of any age
Format: Five 2-hour workshops
- Understanding Your Starting Point and Why It’s Essential to Plan Ahead
- Wills, Living Wills, and Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care and Financial Matters
- Caregivers: Don’t Forget to Plan for Your Retirement, Ways to Continue Tax-deferred Savings While Caregiving, In-Home Care, Adult Day Care, Respite, Residential, Hospice Care
- Paying for Care, Long-term Care Insurance, Veterans Benefits, Medicare, Medigap and Medicaid
- Effective Communication is Essential, Taking Time and Planning Ahead
- Online session login - for participants registered to attend the hybrid series that includes online sessions.
This program is not a substitute for legal or financial guidance. It should not be considered a recommendation for a specific product or plan of action.