Farm life is never easy, and the stress can be even harder to handle. It can feel like one challenge after another. But you are not alone.
Support and resources are available here any time, every day. Learn to recognize the signs of stress in others and in yourself.
Help is at hand.
For farm families and friends: A guide to help recognize mental health concerns, substance use, and warning signs of suicidal intent and offer support to family members, friends, neighbors, and others in your community.
For advocates: A resource guide for professionals who interact regularly with farmers and their families. The guide can help agricultural advocates recognize mental health warning signs and respond to someone in crisis.
Reach out. When supporting a loved one, friend, or neighbor, someone’s here for you, too. Any time, every day.
Iowa Concern: Call or text 800-447-1985 for free, confidential, 24/7 support
Helplines | Hotlines
- Healthy Families: Call 800-369-2229, all hours, all days | Prenatal, child health, and women’s health care questions and information
- Iowa 211: Call 211, all hours, all days | Resource referral for housing, health, employment, food, family, transportation, education, and legal assistance
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI): Call 800-950-6264 or Email
- Teen Line: Call 800-443-8336, all hours, all days | Personal and health-related information and referral
- Your Life Iowa: Call 855-581-8111 or Text: 855-895-8398
- Alcohol Addiction Hotline: Call 855-831-2384
- SAMHSA National Helpline: Call 800-662-4357
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741
- Alcohol Patient Education
- Iowa’s Center for Agricultural Safety and Health (I-CASH)
- Iowa Farm Bureau - Stress and Mental Health
- Iowa Mental Health and Disability Resources
- North Central Farm and Ranch Stress Assistance Center
- Rural Prevention and Treatment of Substance Use Disorders Toolkit
- Suicide Postvention: