Healthy and Homemade
Hamilton County Extension Office 311 Bank Street
Webster City, IA 50595
It is possible to save time and money and still prepare foods at home that are healthy and tasty. Whether you cook for one or for a few, you will learn and practice strategies for using time, money, and skills wisely when you eat at home. Sessions include:
- Cook Now, Enjoy Later – Discover how planning ahead can reduce stress and save money as you provide your family with nutritious, home-cooked meals.
- Cooking for One or Two – Learn strategies to make the most out of cooking for a household of one or two.
- Healthy Choices: Aisle by Aisle – A virtual grocery tour will help you identify and purchase the most nutritious items with your food dollars.
- Slow Cooker Meals – Explore the benefits of the slow cooker and learn food safety tips and meal ideas.
- Veg Out! – Examine the benefits of vegetables, sample recipe ideas, and learn how to increase fruit and veggies in your diet.
Intended audience: Adults of any age
Format: Three 2-hour workshops; 5 topics available