Presented by Iowa State University School of Education and Human Sciences Extension and Outreach, The Adventure Comes to You brings cutting edge research from Iowa State University to the citizens of Iowa.
In order to prioritize the health and safety of all, The Adventure Comes to You 2020 event, originally scheduled for June, has been postponed. Check back in upcoming months for updates.
From past participants...
- Getting a chance to talk to the ISU Professors in the breakout sessions was great. They know their stuff and were able to talk about current research relating to their topic. Do this every year!!
- I enjoyed the interactive nature of the day. I also appreciated the opportunity to have both large group and small group interactions.
- [I enjoyed] How everyone worked together on things, and seem to really enjoy the day. Learning even for continued education can be fun.
- I REALLY appreciate that ISU came to our community!
- Take away knowledge and hands on activities were great....
- Presenters were knowledgeable and good to hear from all the departments.
- Relevant topics presented in a concise manner.
- Took what could have been a very complicated topic and shared it in a very understandable manner.
- I was fascinated with Dr. Schalinske's presentation…made me want to go back to school and take his epigenetics class!
- I have had very little exposure to human genetics information, and learning about epigenetics is fascinating. My mother is going through chemo…I was able to find some studies…and I am preparing healthy foods for her to aid in her healing and my own!
- He got me out of my science comfort zone in an intriguing way. I learned a lot!
- Cutting edge. Thought provoking. Easy to understand despite being very scientific and complex.
- Alison provided practical information we can all relate to and provided a hands-on activity with the mindful eating exercise.
- Getting us to think differently about our bodies…retraining our minds to be more present so that we can hear our body's cues. I bought the workbook and I am working through the principles.
- How she made me think how I can eat or exercise not for losing weight, but for overall wellbeing of myself.
- Very personal, easy to understand, but firmly based in science.
- I just wanted to tell you that yesterday’s program was VERY informative. It would be very valuable to have more professors from the university come and “educate/update” those of us in Extension.
- WOW! What a fantastic day at Nashua this past Tuesday. The topics covered by Drs. Lanningham-Foster, Rowling, and Clark were expertly done and extremely well received. The presenters and staff made a difference in the lives of Iowans! I hope there will be additional Adventures to come.
- What an informative morning! As a retiree, it was stimulating to hear campus faculty share their expertise on relevant topics - food safety, food science, and behavior research. I really appreciated my adventure!