A job announcement is published in at least one newspaper for a minimum of one week. The Iowa Work Force Development Office is notified. On line postings, and posting on the County Extension WEB page is also appropriate.
A standardized form is used for accepting job applications. Requesting resumes and cover letters are also acceptable. Basic skills testing may be done to determine if the applicant has the required job skills. The Iowa Work Force Development Office can do testing.
- the specific work performed in the job
- the relationship of this function to the rest of the office
- the nature of supervision and reporting relationships
- the general conditions: hours, travel, training, etc.
- salary and benefits
2. Discovering an applicant's qualifications:
County Job Application Template - EOADV.15.00A -- Updated August 2017
Search committee and hiring process forms to be used as resources throughout a search process.