While HACCP is an ideal in the foodservice industry, individuals must adapt plans to their individual operation. The sample plans, Standard Operating Procedures, and prerequisite programs documents are provided for information purposes only to assist in developing HACCP-based systems in foodservice operations.
- Handout - A Guide to Food Safety for Foodservice Employees
- Lesson Plans - HACCP Journey in Assisted Living Foodservice
A series of eight lesson plans designed to introduce assisted living foodservice employees to HACCP
- Case Study - HACCP Food Safety Plan Implementation - The Pines
An example of the application of HACCP principles in an assisted living facility
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
This site contains a variety of documents and forms related to the Assisted Living Facilities HACCP project administered by ISU based on Food Code 2005; updated for Food Code 2013.
- Personnel and Personal Hygiene
- Facility and Equipment
- Flow of Food
- Consumer Communications
- Employee Orientation and Training
- Food Safety and HACCP Training and Monitoring
- Foodservice cleaning & sanitizing guide - doc
- Foodservice cleaning chart - doc
- Employee handbook
- Employee evaluation
Materials developed as part of funding from the USDA Cooperative States Research, Education and Extension Service (Project No. 2001-51110-11371, Project No. 2002-51110-01525 and Project No. 2005-51110-03282).