Keep hot foods hot ... Cold foods cold!
Choose a serving style that will allow food to be served as quickly as possible, while maintaining temperatures below 41°F (4°C) or above 135°F (60°C).
- Wash hands with soap and water before serving or eating food.
- Don't leave potentially hazardous foods, raw or cooked, at room temperature longer than necessary and NEVER longer than 2 hours.
- Keep hot foods above 135°F (60°C) and cold foods below 41°F (4°C).
- Use designated utensils for each item.
- Keep batches of food items separate.
- For gatherings of large groups with self-service, place small amounts of product on the buffet at a time. The rest can be kept cold or hot, and the buffet replenished as needed.
- Products that have been served to guests should not be reused.
|<< back||next >>|