|12||9||cooked according to directions and then cooled; set aside|
|4||heads of garlic||roasted|
|1/4||cup(s)||Extra-Virgin olive oil||may use less|
|1||medium zucchini||sliced into 1/2" slices (a kitchen mandolin makes quick work of this)|
|1||medium butternut squash||peeled and sliced into 1/4" slices|
|1||red bell pepper||chopped into 1 inch cubes|
|1||green bell pepper||chopped into 1 inch cubes|
|2||cup(s)||heavy cream||Burbach's Dairy|
|3||ounce(s)||Parmigianino-Reggiano (parmesan) cheese||shredded|
|1/2||teaspoon(s)||white pepper||or to taste|
|1/2||teaspoon(s)||black pepper||or to taste|
|dash||nutmeg||or to taste|
|cayenne pepper||or to taste|
Roasting Garlic Heads in Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees.
- Pour extra-virgin olive oil into a small roasting pan until it is ¼ inch deep.
- Slice off bottoms of garlic heads so they will fit flat into roasting pan with olive oil. Leave the skins on the garlic and place in a small roasting pan.
- Roast until soft; approximately 15-20 minutes. Pay special attention to garlic to ensure it does not burn.
- Once garlic is soft remove from oven and place aside to cool. Once cooled, squeeze roasted garlic out of skins and put into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oven 420 degrees. In a single layer, roast vegetables on sheet pan drizzled with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper, until lightly tender, approximately 8-10 minutes. Drain any liquid and set aside to cool.
Roasted Garlic Alfredo Sauce
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add flour and whisk over heat for 1-2 minutes. Add cream and milk slowly, while whisking, and simmer on medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until sauce starts thickening. Remove 1 ½ cups sauce and mix with reserved roasted garlic until smooth in a food processor or a blender. Add mixture back to original sauce pan.
- Add salt, chicken bouillon, peppers, nutmeg, and cayenne. Slowly whisk in parmesan cheese.
- Bring sauce up to a simmer. Turn down heat, and continue to cook on low until desired thickness. (Sauce will thicken when cooled.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a greased 9” x 13” pan, lightly cover the bottom of the pan with Alfredo sauce. Add layer of lasagna noodles. Then layer roasted vegetables and then fresh mozzarella cheese, reserving some cheese for the top layer. Add another layer of lasagna noodles and Alfredo sauce. Then repeat until pan is full.
- Cook lasagna for 1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes or until completely cooked through. Finish by broiling top until cheese is browned. Remove from oven and cool. Top with basil and serve.
(Note: Add up to ¼ cup more grated parmesan if you’re a cheese lover.)
6 oz. servings