Regional Food Systems Working Group (RFSWG)
The RFSWG steering committee has put together the upcoming meeting schedule for 2021. All meetings will take place on Thursdays from 10 a.m. – noon via Zoom.
At our virtual or in-person quarterly meetings:
- Learn about local food projects, organizations, and business across the state
- Meet other folks working in food systems
- Hear about grants and other funding opportunities
- Find connections and possibilities for statewide projects
- Share resources and engage in peer-to-peer professional development
What is a community-based food system?
A community-based food system supports long-term connections between farmers, processors and consumers while helping to meet the health, social, economic and environmental needs of communities within that region. Producers and markets are linked via efficient infrastructures that:
- promote environmental health;
- provide competitive advantages to producers, processors and retailers;
- encourage identification with a region’s culture, history and ecology; and
- share risks and rewards equitably among all partners in the system.
Who are our members?
Many of our members are local food coordinators, non-profit leaders and community organizers that play the role of connectors in our food system. Our group is open to all food system stakeholders: farmers, chefs, food hubs, schools, educators, policy-makers, etc., working to create resilient regional food systems.
A volunteer steering committee sets quarterly meeting agendas, contacts guest speakers and helps keep the conversations flowing
Join our conversation!
For more information on RFSWG, contact our steering committee members:
- Jodie Huegerich – Local Food Program manager, University of Northern Iowa, email@example.com, 319-273-7883
- Marie Boyd – executive director, Healthy Harvest of North Iowa, firstname.lastname@example.org, 515-337-2445
- Arlene Enderton – Evaluator, FFED, email@example.com
- Joie Probst – communications and outreach manager, Eat Greater Des Moines, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ilsa DeWald – local foods coordinator, Johnson County, email@example.com