2021 Farm to Summer application now open: Kick It with Carrots!
Kick It with Carrots! The Iowa Farm to School and Early Care Network‘s statewide campaign and associated materials highlight carrots as the most chill vegetable of the summer. With this collective focus on this familiar, readily-available local veggie, we hope to increase participation of children at summer meal sites and support local producers.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY BY APRIL 23.
The “Kick It with Carrots!” campaign offers:
- $200 mini-grants to 40 participating sites and community sponsors.
- NOTE: Funds must be spent on local produce (carrots or other local fruits and vegetables); funds will be disbursed through a reimbursement process; proof of purchase required by July 1, 2021; 40 mini-grants available.
- Promotional materials (banners, posters, editable community newsletters).
- Technical assistance finding local food.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN MARCH 23 – APRIL 23, 2021
To register as a farm to summer campaign participant, please complete this application. We encourage summer meal site sponsors and community partners promote and celebrate local food education and local food producers throughout the summer!
NOTICE OF AWARDS: You will be notified of your application status by May 3. The campaign planning committee will contact awardees to share requested resources, information about mini-grant funding, and technical assistance.
- Visit the Iowa Farm to Summer Campaign Website
- Spread the word: Share this one-pager of information
- Questions: email Chelsea Krist