Iowa Food of the Month materials now available free to schools, daycares
The Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship developed the Choose Iowa™ campaign to:
- create support for farmers
- drive demand for the products they produce, and
- generate excitement about agriculture innovation happening in Iowa.
Thanks to a USDA Farm to School grant, the Iowa Department of Education can now expand the campaign to schools, childcare and summer food programs. The project team developed a set of Choose Iowa™ Food of the Month learning activities and promotional materials. Schools and early care centers can now access these materials free to highlight locally grown Iowa foods each month.
Along with a wide variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, the materials also feature dried beans, dairy, grains and eggs.
- Choose Iowa Food of the Month overview webinar recording
- Iowa Farm to School Producer Directory
- Order FREE printed Choose Iowa Food of the Month materials
Click here to explore and download the posters, learning activities and other resources on the Iowa Farm to School and Early Care website.
Choose Iowa™ is a program of the Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship.
Questions? Contact Chelsea Krist, FFED farm to school and ECE specialist.