4-H Horse and Pony ID
- 4-H animals are to be identified by May 15th and State Fair eligible horses need photos uploaded into 4hOnline by May 15th.
- Read the 4-H 202 publication, “Iowa 4-H Livestock Show Requirements - Animal Identification, Weighing, and Exhibiting Requirements for County, State and Interstate Shows”.
- Ownership is required of the 4-H animal. However, Horses have an official lease (4H 106 CL) option as a 4-H project. The 4-H’er must complete a lease form. Only showmanship, riding or driving horses are eligible for lease; horses in halter/conformation classes, cannot be leased and must be owned by the 4-H’er.
- Horse and dog project animals can be identified by more than one 4-H member provided the members are all 4-H members and are siblings. Sibling definition includes brother, sister or step-siblings with one common parent/guardian. The same animal(s) cannot be identified by one sibling in 4-H and another sibling in FFA.
- Maximum of 5 head can be identified; of those, a max. of 2 may be leased
- Registration papers are required for State Fair halter classes (upload to 4hOnline or present papers at check-in)