- Before applying, review the application outline/requirements.
- Click on the application link for the grant you wish to apply.
- Complete the JotForm requesting an application. You will receive an email containing a link to the application.
- Complete and submit application on or before February 10 at noon.
- Submission of application certifies Supervisor's support of project and approval to apply for this grant.
A response to applicants will be made within 45 days of the grant deadline.
EIE grant recipients must use the awarded funds and ask for reimbursement within ONE YEAR of the award date. Unless over wise noted on award information.
Q. How do I access the funds?
A. EIE funds are held in an account administered by the ISU Foundation. This account is set up to incur costs directly or to operate on a cost reimbursable basis. Some types of expenditures may be charged directly to the account (ie – ISU personnel costs, ISU travel, ISU purchase orders). Other costs such as tuition and books or reimbursing a county are done on a reimbursable basis where recipients are reimbursed after they have incurred the cost and provide the necessary documentation. In the situation of coursework, funds will be reimbursed after proof of completion with a grade B or higher. In the latter scenario, a written request with the appropriate itemized documentation (proof of payment) must be sent to the Extension Finance Office.
Q. Can you transfer the grant funds to me directly?
A. No, funds cannot be transferred in a lump sum out of the ISU Foundation account to another ISU account nor can they be transferred directly to an individual. These grants typically operate on a cost reimbursable basis while some expenses could be directly costed to the EIE account at the time they are incurred (see above),
Because each grant recipient is unique, the Extension Fiscal Office will advise and assist with questions. Please contact the Extension Fiscal Office at 294-2940 for assistance.