Understanding and identifying your risk to wildfires is the first step in potentially limiting their impact on your home, farm, or livestock. The following resources provide suggestions to reduce your risk during wildfires, take action during wildfire situations, and recover after a wildfire has impacted your family.
- All-Hazards Booklet, made available by the Center for Food Security and Public Health at Iowa State University. This 100 page booklet was developed as a resource for citizens of rural agricultural communities. The booklets’ four sections contain an overview of a particular hazard and several informational handouts in a check list format to help guide individuals in preparing for a particular hazard before it occurs, during the event, and recovering from the situation.
- Fire (Wildfire) - Extension Disaster Education Network (EDEN)
- Disaster Recovery app - Extension Disaster Education Network (EDEN)
- Is food safe after a fire? - Michigan State University Extension
- Disaster Designation Information - USDA Farm Service Agency