The agenda this year again focuses on the marketing outlooks of dairy, livestock, and grains along with the issues of the farm bill, farm stress, and the Ag Decision Maker Tool. The seminar should once again provide fruitful discussion to issues of concern to agricultural lenders. The cost of the program is $100 per person, which includes handouts, refreshments, and lunch. To register, please mail the enclosed registration with payment by October 14th.
A discussion of changes dairymen should be aware of in the new farm bill will be led by Dr. Marin Bozic, Assistant Professor in the Department of Applied Economics at the University of Minnesota beginning at noon on Thursday, December 27. There is no fee, but registration is required at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1317033906126530819
The program will highlight and discuss the economic implications of five points:
- Margin Protection Program for Dairy Producers discontinued.
- Dairy Margin Coverage program introduced.
- Low premiums and coverage levels up to $9.50. Discounts for consistent use.
- Partial rebate of net MPP premiums paid for 2015-2018 period.
- No more restrictions on combining crop insurance and Title I programs (LGM and DMC
The will be time for questions at the end of the presentation.
The program is sponsored by I-29 Moo University and Minnesota Milk. For more information contact your state dairy specialist. In Northwest Iowa that is Fred M. Hall. He can be contacted by calling 712.737.4230 or by email at email@example.com