DO YOU WANT TO MAKE CHANGE HAPPEN IN YOUR COMMUNITY?
- Council members believe in education; understand what people need; care about their community.
- Council members work with decision makers, build relationships, and help select extension educational opportunities to address local issues.
- Council members are advocates, stewards, and everyday citizens who link people with life-changing programs.
You can be the link.
HOW TO BEGIN
- As a registered voter in the extension district (county), you are eligible to be a candidate for your county extension council.
- Contact your county extension office or county auditor’s office for candidate petition papers.
- Get dates, deadlines, and other details from your county extension office, your county auditor (commissioner of elections), or the Iowa Secretary of State General Elections website.
Guide to Success booklet. Share either the PDF version or contact your regional director for a copy of the booklet. This booklet is intended to give county extension council members an understanding of the Cooperative Extension Service and the many partnerships, roles, and responsibilities each partner fulfills.
Extension Council Recruitment Flier. Use the flier to start the conversation with potential candidates and to leave with them.