Goal setting and strategic planning help local governments and nonprofits address critical issues, identify priorities, and develop action plans to accomplish those priorities. An effective board or council is one that works together towards common goals. Taking time annually as a group to prioritize and plan to move forward is vital for any government or nonprofit group.
- Goal Setting, Strategic Planning, Facilitation
- Grant Writing 101
- Iowa Government Finance Initiative
- Municipal Leadership Academy for elected officials
- Municipal Professional Institute and Academy for city clerks and treasurers
- Planning and Zoning Workshops
- Township Trustee & Clerk Training
- Rural Housing Readiness Assessment
- Housing Needs Assessment
Goal setting is the latest Iowa State University Extension and Outreach Community and Economic Development programming effort to go virtual. The first workshop is titled COVID-19 Transition and Recovery and is being conducted in two sessions. The first session took place on Tuesday, June 30, and the second will be held on Tuesday, July 7.