The 2021 Iowa Municipal Professionals Institute will be taking on a NEW hybrid model of in-person and virtual sessions:
Closed for 2021
Registration is NOW OPEN!
|Virtual training||In-person training||Virtual training|
|February 10-12, 2021||July 19-22, 2021||October 6-8, 2021|
- 2021 INSTITUTE BROCHURE
- 2021 Summer Session Registration is now open! You can find the link to registration here.
- This matrix will show you which classes can be paired together to make the best use of your time.
- The cost of the Institute is based on course load. Cost per credit hour is $16.
- WHEN REGISTERING, PLEASE NOTE: BA120 (Public Speaking) will automatically enroll you in FX250 (Best Practices in City Government)
- Summer Session TalentLMS Login Page
- Summer Session Course Descriptions
Scholarships are offered through IIMC, the Institute and IMFOA. The Institute and IMFOA award several scholarships each year to participants who apply and are selected. Some of the scholarships are funded by the sale of the Institute sweatshirts. The scholarships for IMFOA and ISU are NOW OPEN!
- IMFOA and Institute scholarships are available for the 2021 summer session. Scholarships for the 2021 Summer Session are now closed. .
- Scholarships will be awarded for varying amounts which may or may not cover the entire cost of attendance. Any costs not covered by the scholarship will be the responsibility of the attendee.
- The 2021_scholarship_application is now a fillable PDF!
- Download a sample resolution.
- IIMC scholarships are due by March 1, 2021.
- IIMC scholarships are now closed.
The Iowa Municipal Professional Institute (MPI) stands as one of the nation's largest Institutes; bringing together more than 200 municipal professionals each year. The Iowa MPI offers a variety of courses to assist municipal professionals in their day-to-day duties. It also provides educational credit toward certification by the International Institute of Municipal Clerks (IIMC) and/or the four certifications offered by the Iowa Municipal Finance Officers Association (IMFOA). The annual courses allow for personalized interaction with faculty and staff from universities or other individuals involved with municipal administration while updating on new laws, programs, and technology affecting Iowa municipal government.
- Information on certification through IMFOA can be found here.
- The International Institute of Municipal Clerks (IIMC) also has a certification program.
- The Iowa Municipal Professionals Institute Curriculum Self Assessment.
- This document is only to track credit hours taken at the Institute for your own information. Certification requirements through IIMC and IMFOA may differ.
The 2021 IMPI/IMPA sweatshirts will be available for purchase during Summer session registration starting in March 2021 until June 25, 2021. Sweatshirts are a way to keep everyone warm during the in-person session (the rooms are sometimes chilly) and help raise money to offer scholarships. Sweatshirts are available for $28 ($30 for XXL & XXXL). The sweatshirts will be denim blue with the logo in steel grey.
Gateway Hotel and Conference Center
2100 Green Hills Drive
Ames, IA 50014
Make your room reservations directly with Gateway at 1-800-FOR-AMES or (515) 292-8600 by Monday, June 29. Please identify yourself as a Municipal Professionals Institute attendee and request the MPI room rate($119). Room rates do not include tax, which is 12%. For special accommodations please contact the hotel.
*Registration fee does not include housing. You need to make your own hotel reservations by Monday, June 29.
Monday, July 19, following the morning session, a lunch will be held at Gateway. Costs are included in your registration fees.
The Gateway Hotel & Conference Center has a restaurant on site. Ames has many fine restaurants within easy driving distance of the Gateway and a list and map will be provided to you at registration. Fast food is recommended during the daily lunch breaks.