The 2021 Iowa Municipal Professionals Institute will be taking on a NEW hybrid model of in-person and virtual sessions:
|Virtual training||In-person training||Virtual training|
|February 10-12, 2021||July 19-22, 2021||October 6-8, 2021|
- 2021 Winter Session Registration
- This matrix will show you which classes can be paired together to make the best use of your time.
- The cost of the Institute is based on course load. Cost per credit hour is $16.
Scholarships are offered through both IIMC and IMFOA.
- IMFOA scholarships will be available for summer session in 2021 and will be due by April. 1, 2021.
- IMFOA scholarship information and application materials will be posted in early 2021.
- IIMC scholarships are due by March 1, 2021.
- IIMC scholarship information and application materials can be found here.
The Iowa Municipal Professional Institute (MPI) stands as one of the nation's largest Institutes; bringing together more than 200 municipal professionals each year. The Iowa MPI offers a variety of courses to assist municipal professionals in their day-to-day duties. It also provides educational credit toward certification by the International Institute of Municipal Clerks (IIMC) and/or the four certifications offered by the Iowa Municipal Finance Officers Association (IMFOA). The annual courses allow for personalized interaction with faculty and staff from universities or other individuals involved with municipal administration while updating on new laws, programs, and technology affecting Iowa municipal government.
- Information on certification through IMFOA can be found here.
- The International Institute of Municipal Clerks (IIMC) also has a certification program.
- The Iowa Municipal Professionals Institute Curriculum Self Assessment.
- This document is only to track credit hours taken at the Institute for your own information. Certification requirements through IIMC and IMFOA may differ.
The 2021 IMPI/IMPA sweatshirts will be available for purchase during Summer session registration starting in March 2021 until June 25, 2021. Sweatshirts are a way to keep everyone warm during the in-person session (the rooms are sometimes chilly) and help raise money to offer scholarships. Sweatshirts are available for $28 ($30 for XXL & XXXL). The sweatshirts will be denim blue with the logo in steel grey.