Ag Decision Maker website has a new look!
Ag Decision Maker, one of the most visited Iowa State University Extension and Outreach websites, has a new look. The decision-oriented agricultural business website now showcases new and emerging issues within farm management. While the design of the Web page has changed, the Web address and the Ag Decision Maker purpose, to provide up-to-date information from agricultural economists at Iowa State University and other Midwest universities and institutions, remain the same.
The site is designed for farmers, lenders, farm managers, agriculture instructors and others involved in agriculture. The site offers a wide range of business information on marketing, leasing, land values, legal issues, costs and returns, new business development, and many other topics.
The Ag Decision Maker website provides assistance in a variety of ways.
- A six-page business newsletter is provided monthly that contains information and analysis of current business and economic issues.
- More than 430 Information Files provide information and analysis for finding solutions to many of the decisions facing farmers and agribusinesses.
- Many of the Information Files have Decision Tools for on-line computation. Just enter figures into the spreadsheet to analyze individual situations and save the analysis as a file with personal records.
- Teaching Activities are provided for use in the classroom.
- Voiced Media presentations offer further details on some Information Files.
Information regularly updated
Outlook and profitability files on the website are updated on a monthly basis to show profitability for various crop and livestock enterprises. These files as well as links to the Iowa Farm Outlook newsletter, USDA reports and weather information can be found on the Outlook and Profitability page.
AgDM posts timely tips throughout the month on a blog and through Twitter feed, @ISU_AgDM.
The Ag Decision Maker website currently has over 3,200 visitors per day. These visitors spend a total of 500 hours on the site every day.
Visit the site at https://www.extension.iastate.edu/agdm and bookmark it for future reference. Monthly e-mail notification of new information posted to the website is available at no charge. Visit the “e-mail sign-up” link on the homepage for the online form, or e-mail email@example.com.
Ann M. Johanns, extension program specialist, 641-732-5574, firstname.lastname@example.org