Senior High Virtual Project Submission
DUE: March 25, 2020 by 11:59PM
Please read and review the directions carefully.
Step 1: Review the scoring rubric and use it to help guide your presentation video. Work to address ALL of the scoring components. This is the form from which judges will be evaluating your project.
Step 2: Record your video.
- The video should be no longer than 10 minutes.
- Check to make sure that you, and the information on your poster, are clearly visible in the video.
- Conduct an audio test before filming to ensure the judges will be able to hear you clearly when they review your video.
- Include the following content in your video:
- Introduce yourself (and teammates, if applicable)
- State the title of your project
- Answer: What sparked your interest in this research?
- Overview your research question, design/methodology, data collection, analysis and interpretation as it applies to a science project, as well as construction and testing as it applies to an engineering project.
- Answer: What further research steps might be done to advance your research?
Step 3: Upload your video to YouTube. Check with a parent/guardian/teacher as needed for permission. Set the video to unlisted and copy the shareable video link. Check video permission settings to ensure judges don’t run into issues with viewing your video from the link you provide. If you have questions, follow this link for a tutorial on uploading an unlisted video to YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go_HDCANWf8
Step 4: Use the following link to complete the SSTFI Senior Division Virtual Submission Form and answer all the required questions.
SUBMISSION LINK: https://form.jotform.com/200715319316954
Step 5: Paste your YouTube video link in the submission form.
Step 6: Upload a photo (.jpg) or PDF of your poster.
Judging will occur from March 26-29, 2020. Results will be shared the following week.
For questions regarding the virtual submission form or for alternative accessibility submissions, email Nate Weber at firstname.lastname@example.org.