Welcome! Below are five videos designed to provide potential volunteers information about the Iowa 4-H program. We hope you find these videos informative and get you excited about choosing a volunteer role. Caring, competent volunteers play an essential role in empowering young people to reach their full potential. We hope you become part of the 4-H Family! Read more about Volunteer Introduction Videos
Over 10,000 volunteers guide 4-H members in becoming productive citizens, outstanding communicators, effective leaders and successful learners.
County Youth Committees are vital partners in fulfilling the mission of 4-H at the county level. Members are youth and adults from the county who are committed to taking an active role in the decision-making, planning, conducting and evaluating of county 4-H programs. Read more about Working with Youth Committees
Stay up-to-date with upcoming events and opportunities with 4-H! Check back often as information will be added as new opportunities become available.
Become an Iowa 4-H Volunteer in Six Simple Steps
1. Decide that you want to help kids grow and explore their futures.
2. Watch the Orientation videos to learn more about 4-H and opportunities available to you.
3. Contact your local ISU Extension office to find out about local opportunities.
4. Complete Iowa State University Extension’s Child Protection and Safety Policy (CPSP) process, including a background screening and agree to the Code of Conduct for Iowa 4-H Volunteers.
5. Attend a local/state training.
6. Share your skills, knowledge and talents while having FUN with kids!
We need to ensure that risks to the the 4-H program, the county extension districts, and Iowa State University are minimized and properly managed. Most importantly, we need to ensure that our most critical assets - our 4-H members - are protected.
This page includes many different links and documents to 4-H Volunteer Resources. Read more about Volunteer Resources