Ideas for Project Area Learning!
- Identify a sick animal, how to treat it and future prevention.
- Understand medication, storage, administering of medication and how it relates to food safety.
- Balance a dairy ration.
- Learn appropriate handling techniques and housing of dairy animals.
- Ramp up your judging skills.
- Keep cost records.
- Showmanship techniques.
- Evaluate feed quality and how it affects digestion.
- Learn body condition scoring.
Share What You Learn with Others!
- Design a poster on goat breeds
- Teach others about showmanship techniques
- Give a speech on the importance of the dairy industry
- Have your animal as part of a petting zoo
- Be a part of a meat goat promotion event
- Arrange for your class to tour a meat goat farm
- Be a mentor for a younger 4-H'er
- Attend a national or regional conference and encourage other youth to attend
- Create a poster on a goat-related topic
- Make a scrapbook of your animal(s)
- Develop a presentation on the following:
- Grooming your animal
- How to start a goat herd
- How to properly show your animal