Do you love to tell stories using digital technology? In this project you get to tell your story or the stories of others by learning all about the production process and technologies that make it possible. Zoom in on animation, video production, editing, sound production, image manipulation, and the secrets to telling a great story.
- Improve communication and teamwork skills by working the way they do in the real world – in production teams
- Develop responsible attitudes about technology and how technology relates to our everyday world and people’s lives
- Gain experience in problem solving and decision making using science process skills
- Develop knowledge and skills related to digital storytelling
Ideas for Project Area Learning!
- Discover the world of digital storytelling from the process of creating stories to the technology that makes it possible.
- Learn about cameras and microphones and their functions
- Discover light and sound techniques that make quality presentations possible.
- Analyze various media forms and evaluate their use in different situations.
- Use digital storytelling tools to create an image, video, or audio project
- Discover how audio can enhance the quality of video production.
- Discover how design elements and art principles impact your message.
- Use digital storytelling hardware, software and communication principles to tell a compelling story.
- Use your digital storytelling skills to bring awareness to a need in your community.
Share What You Learn with Others!
- Create an exhibit for your county fair or do an educational presentation about a technology or technique you’ve used.
- Use video or audio production to inspire community members or your city council to take action on a topic important to you
- Use your digital storytelling skills to help a local non-profit
- Organize a field trip to a local lab, business, or industry to learn how they use digital storytelling
- Teach a workshop on video production or image editing during a day camp
- Develop a presentation or working exhibit that shows a technique in digital storytelling.
- Make a poster on the different shot angles for videos.
- Create a video on pros and cons of media messages.
- Create an original piece of artwork using digital software. Explain how the objects are connected through media style and format.
- Develop a display that explains how light, composition, and framing impacts the quality of a photograph