4-H Crop Sciences Program Specialist
Areas of Focus
- Environment and Sustainability
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences P&S Outstanding New Professional Award. Iowa State University. 2022.
- Waukee APEX Catalyst Award. 2021.
- Iowa State University Professional and Scientific Team CYtation Award. 2019.
- Outstanding Volunteer Award. American Phytopathological Society. 2015.
- Honored Instructor Recognition. Division of University Housing, University of Wisconsin. 2011.
- Future scientists and farmers: Youth outreach to promote concepts of Integrated Pest Management. Poster presented at the National Plant Health Meeting. 2019.
- Ag Innovators Experience: Monarchs on the Move. National Association of Extension 4-H Agents Conference. 2018.
- Identifying Critical Plant Science Skills: An Industry Survey Approach. North American Colleges and Teachers of Agriculture Annual Conference. 2017.
- Take your course and flip it. Webinar presented by the American Phytopathological Society Teaching Committee. 2016.
- Blending and flipping: the rewards of a blended classroom for teaching plant pathology for non-biology majors, American Phytopathological Society Annual Meeting. 2015.
- Serological tests of transgenic crops learning module. Poster presented at the American Phytopathological Society Annual Meeting. 2012.
- Editing in Wikipedia to learn concepts in plant pathology. Poster presented at the American Phytopathological Society Annual Meeting. 2011.
- Spakes Richter, B., Poleatewich, A., Hayslett, M., and Stofer, K. 2018. Finding the Gaps: An Assessment of Concepts, Skills, and Employer Expectations for Plant Pathology Foundational Courses. Plant Disease. 102: 1883-1898.
- Hayslett, M., Juzwik, J., and Moltzan, B. 2008. Three Colopterus beetle species carry the oak wilt fungus to fresh wounds on red oak in Missouri. Plant Disease. 92:270-275.
M.S. Plant Pathology, 2007, University of Minnesota
B.S. Biology, 2003, Iowa State University