- 2023 State 4-H Livestock Quiz Bowl and 4-H Skillathon Set for April 1
- Teachers Invited to ‘Youth Pollinator Education and Action’ Training
- 4-H Nutcracker Ballet + STEM Performance Receives 2022 Governor’s STEM Seal of Approval
- Iowa 4-H Japanese Youth Exchange Program Seeks Host Families
- Iowa 4-H’ers Excel at National Livestock Competitions
Mission and Vision
Vision: Iowa 4-H strives to be the largest youth-serving organization in Iowa by being relevant, welcoming, and inclusive as we partner with youth to help them find their passion.
Mission: 4-H empowers youth to reach their full potential through youth-adult partnerships and research-based experiences.
In 2016 the Extension Committee on Organization and Policy (ECOP), which is the national representative leadership and governing body of Cooperative Extension, adopted the 4-H Grows: A Promise to America’s Kids Vision. This vision states that in 10 years “4-H will reflect the population demographics, diverse needs, and social conditions of the country. This vision has the elements of inclusion, caring adults, involves at least 1 in 5 youth, and the volunteers and staff reflect the population.” Iowa 4-H is deeply committed to this effort.
Iowa 4-H is the premiere youth development program of Iowa State University Extension and Outreach. For more information about Extension and Outreach visit the website.