About ISU Extension and Outreach: Wright County
The Wright County office of Iowa State University Extension is part of a county, state, and federal partnership bringing the resources of Iowa State University and the USDA to you. Our staff provides information and informal education to youth and adults on a varieity of topics relating to agriculture, business and industry, families, community development, and youth development.
Examples of Extension's work in Wright County are found in our 2013 Stakeholders Report . Take some time to surf our site and learn how ISU Extension can "help you become your best".
The Wright County Extension Council provides local oversight and input. The nine members of the council are elected for a four year term on a rotating basis. Kevin Moss, Clarion, is currently the chairperson of the Wright County Extension Council. The other members of the council are listed on the right side of this page.
The Wright County Extension Council, county staff and ISU Extension and Outreach staff work together to provide research-based learning opportunities for our citizens. Through this partnership, we carry Iowa State University’s land-grant mission across Wright County.
Our 2011 Points of Pride tells how we act on that commitment.
Wright County programs are fulfilling that commitment:
- Becoming a scientist or engineer is not easy, but Iowa teens are getting hands-on experience.
- In only seven weeks, a child can learn how to stay away from alcohol and drugs.
- Starting conversations that lead to farm business transitionsfrom one generation to the next is hard – we help get them started.
- Schools and restaurants are trained to safely prepare nutritious foods.
- Families are learninghow to prepare healthy, economical meals.
- Foods grown and marketed locally boost the local economy and fulfill consumer demands
- Our communities are more sustainable.
- Businesses get individualized supportthey need to grow.
- Farmers depend on us for the latest crop production research.
We can anticipate trends, build relationships, and catalyze opportunities because we are part of the ongoing life of our communities, committed to healthy people, healthy environments, and healthy economies.
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living