Wanted! New 4-H Volunteers Invited to 4-H Training Program!
Iowa State University Extension and Outreach 4-H staff across Iowa will join together to provide new 4-H club/project and Clover Kids volunteers with a newly designed training program. The program was created by a team of 4-H volunteers, county youth coordinators, and youth program specialists.
Advantages of this new training program include:
· Learning about the role of a caring adult
· Dynamic training to boost the positive youth development knowledge and skills to support a vibrant 4-H club or Clover Kids group
· Meet and network with other new volunteers and volunteer mentors beyond their county
The interactive training includes an agenda loaded with knowledge, skills, and tools needed to enhance a volunteer’s work with 4-H youth. Breakout sessions specific for 4-H clubs and Clover Kids groups to allow for more targeted skill building for volunteers working with those specific age groups. Volunteers will receive a “toolbox” – a binder of resources to support their work with their club or group.
The next Multi-regional training is scheduled for April 6, 2013 at the Garner Education Center (327 West 8th Street Garner, IA 50438) from 9:30 – 3:30.
To register, go to http://extension.iastate.edu/4h/Volunteersand click on the link under Training in the bottom right box.
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living