A world of 4-H with you in it. Join 4-H!
Iowa State University Extension & Outreach: Worth County
Worth County Extension has many programs to offer every group of individuals. We have excellent family programs and resources, wonderful opportunities for youth K-12 to get involved in from 4-H to Clover Kids and more. We have outstanding resources and programs for area farmers and residents. Our office is always a wealth of information for anyone looking for an answer - and if we don't know, we'll find out!
It's always a great time to Join 4-H! If you're interested in becoming a 4-H member or just want more information, please contact the Extension Office at 641-324-1531 or email us at email@example.com and we'll be sure you get the help you need!
Worth County 4-H Celebrates National 4-H Week With Fun Facts
National 4-H week will be celebrated this week October 2nd – 8th.
Here are a few facts about 4-H in honor of the week:
· 4-H is the nation’s largest youth organization. It has 6 million participants. There are 4-H Clubs in more than 80 countries. All 50 states have 4-H organizations and all 99 of Iowa Counties have 4-H. One-Quarter of Iowa’s young people are in 4-H. Worth County 4-H has one third of its youth enrolled in 4-H and has one of the highest percentage of youth club enrollment in Iowa
· 4-H follows the philosophy of learning by doing. Youth develop life skills through hands on projects that range from citizenship to expressive arts, communication to food and nutrition and leadership to science and technology.
· 4-H uses a four – leaf clover for its emblem. Each leaf carries an H; the H’s stand for Head, Heart, Hands and Health. The 4-H emblem originated in Clarion, Iowa.
· 4-H is for youth in grades 4th -12th. Youth can belong to a traditional 4-H Club or Special Interest Youth Group. They can make new friends, visit new places, go on trips, attend workshops and conferences, host meetings, and serve their communities.
For more information about 4-H in Worth County please contact Mindy Tenold, Worth County Extension 4-H Youth Coordinator by E-Mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dennis Johnson, Worth County Extension Education Specialist at email@example.com or by calling the Worth County Extension Office at 641-324-1531.
Featured "At Work for Iowa" articleOur Story: Gardening for Food Pantries
Start with an idea: grow fresh produce for donation to food pantries. Mix together ISU Extension and Outreach nutrition education, Master Gardeners and ISU Research and Demonstration Farms. The goal: More than 10,000 pounds of food for Iowans in need.
Counties Main Menu
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living
Worth County Events
- Ornamental and Turf Commercial Applicator Recertification
- Log on and Learn: Health Insurance Part 1 and 2
- Extension Council Meeting
- Fumigation Commercial Applicator Recertification
- Commercial Ag Weed, Insect and Plant Disease Management Commercial Applicator Recertification
All Events for Worth County