Help us create a new face for Extension in Woodbury County
Iowa State University Extension - Woodbury County is excited to announce that a new building is in the works! The building will help Woodbury County Extension better meet the needs of the residents of Woodbury County and the region.
Woodbury County Extension has been housed at the current location for close to 30 years.
Woodbury County Extension recognized some issues needing to be addressed:
- Inadequate space limits the education we can offer.
- Increased programming and staff (18) requires additional space.
- We currently lease our space, and the cost to rent continues to rise.
- Our one small conference room can accommodate no more than 25 people.
- The Woodbury County Extension Council decided it is best for Extension to own our own property with enough space for staff, programming, and participants, rather than continue a long-term rental agreement for space that no longer serves our needs.
We plan to break ground in the spring and move in by fall of 2014. The land has already been purchased at 4720 Southern Hills Dr., Sioux City which is just east of Casey’s (Lakeport and Southern Hills Drive).
Some of the features of the new building will be a larger conference room to host 60-100 people, a learning kitchen, a larger open reception/resource area, a smaller meeting room, a teaching garden, and more office space for staff.
This is exciting for all of us, but we need your help! Any size gift is welcomed and appreciated. Even though fundraising has just begun, we are already one-third of the way to our goal. You can choose to make a pledge over several years or a one-time gift. If your employer offers matching gifts, then your donation will go even further.
Donations can be made several ways:
- A direct donation payable to Woodbury County Extension (WCE) by cash or check.
- A tax deductible donation to ISU Foundation WCE building fund. Copy this link and paste into your URL https://securelb.imodules.com/s/1463/give.aspx?sid=1463&gid=1&pgid=467&cid=1428&appealcode=57O1411. Under Gift Designations choose "I want to choose where my gift is designated." Then choose "Other." Enter amount you wish to donate and in the "Notes/Instructions" specify Woodbury County Extension building fund. When choosing an area to support, choose "I would like to choose the area I would like to support, then scroll down and enter, Woodbury County Extension Building Fund to pay by credit card.
- By check written to ISU Foundation WCEBF and mailed to, Woodbury County Extension, 4301 Sergeant Rd. #213, Sioux City, IA 51106.
- Pledge to pay monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, annually, or payable over one or two years.
- Click here for a pledge sheet.
If you would like to pay another way, contact Woodbury County Extension at, (712) 276-2157.
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living