Extension and Outreach Offers Summer Lawn Care Tips
AMES, Iowa — Spring has finally arrived, and with it, the need for yard maintenance.
Iowa State University Extension and Outreach provides many resources on lawn care for homeowners, including several publications available online:
- Mowing Your Lawn (PM 1213)
- Sustainable Home Landscapes (PM 2063)
- Lawn Weeds and Their Control (NCR 0026)
- Grass Selection for Iowa Lawns (PM 1578)
- Understanding Thatch in the Home Lawn (PM 1755)
- Choosing a Grass Species for Iowa Lawns – Reiman Gardens (RG 0403)
- Home and Yard Improvements (MWPS 0021)
Proper mowing practices play a vital role in helping to maintain a healthy, sustainable home lawn. The Mowing Your Lawn publication lists proper mowing heights, and how often homeowners should mow their lawns.
Managing weeds is vital to maintaining a healthy lawn, as well. The Lawn Weeds and Their Control publication provides descriptions of common lawn weeds and suggests methods of getting rid of them.
Homeowners can find additional information in the Yard and Garden resources on the Extension and Outreach website, or by directing specific questions to the Hortline: 515-294-3108 (10 a.m. to noon and 1-4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday) or email@example.com. Answers to frequently asked questions can be found on the Yard and Garden FAQs website.
For more information on lawn care, visit the ISU Extension and Outreach online store, at https://store.extension.iastate.edu.
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living