Beef Feedlot Roundtable Sessions Offered at Six Iowa Locations
AMES, Iowa – Iowa State University Extension and Outreach and the University of Nebraska are teaming up to offer a feedlot roundtable session at six Iowa locations on Thursday, Feb. 21, from 12:45 to 3:45 p.m. Iowa State Extension beef specialist Russ Euken said the feedlot roundtable sessions are offered annually in Nebraska for feedlot operators and interested agribusiness people.
“ISU Extension and Outreach and University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension have a cooperative agreement that provides for the sharing of livestock educational resources and programs,” Euken said. “The Internet allows us to offer this popular Nebraska roundtable session at selected Iowa locations. The speakers and subject matter are sure to draw interest from our state’s beef community.”
Temple Grandin from Colorado State University is the featured speaker from the Nebraska program site. She’ll speak about animal welfare challenges for the beef feedlot industry. She’s followed by Stephen Koontz, also from Colorado State University, who will present a market outlook and information on issues related to formula pricing for fed cattle. This presentation is prerecorded for the program.
The afternoon’s schedule concludes with an overview of beef feedlot industry related research and projects at Iowa State University, by Dan Loy and Stephanie Hansen. More information, including a registration form, is available on the event brochure.
The $10 fee covers proceedings, meeting costs and refreshments, and is payable at the door. However, you’re asked to preregister no later than Tuesday, Feb. 19, at the location you will attend to ensure adequate materials and refreshments.
Iowa roundtable locations and preregistration contacts
- Delaware County Extension Office, 1417 N Franklin St., Manchester. Contact Denise Schwab,319-472-4739 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Howard County Extension Office, 132 1st Ave. West, Cresco. Call 563-547-3001
- Kossuth County Extension Office, Hwy 18 E, Algona. Call 515-295-2469
- Postville Vet Clinic, 110 Hyman Dr., Postville. Contact Julie Christensen, 563-568-6345 or email@example.com
- Sac County Extension Office, 620 Park Ave., Sac City. Call 712-662-7131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wallace Learning Center Armstrong Farm, 53020 Hitchcock Ave., Lewis. Contact Chris Clark, 712-769-2600 or email@example.com
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living