The board includes representatives from Iowa State University and other educational institutions, Iowa grape and wine industry members, the Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship, and the Iowa Economic Development Authority.
Officers are elected annually.
Iowa State University stakeholder representatives
- Dr. Jeffery Iles, Chair, ISU Horticulture Department, Ames, IA
- Dr. John Lawrence, Associate Dean, ISU Extension, Ames, IA
- Dr. Ruth MacDonald, Chair, ISU Food Science & Human Nutrition, Ames, IA
- Dr. Mark Rasmussen, Director Leopold Center for Sustainable Agriculture, Ames, IA
- Craig Tordsen, Program Specialist, ISU Extension, Ames, IA
- Michael L. White, Field Specialist, ISU Extension Indianola, IA
- Dr. Robert Denson, President, Des Moines Area Community College, Ankeny, IA
- Doug Grave, President of Western Iowa Grape Growers Association and owner of Victorian Vineyard, Glenwood, IA
- Ron Mark, Iowa Wine Growers Association and owner of Summerset Winery, Indianola, IA (Term end Fall 2013)
- Mike Pence, President of Iowa Wine Growers Association and owner of Hartland Harvest Winery, Fort Madison, IA (Term end Fall 2013)
- Bob Wersen, Iowa Wine Growers Association and owner of Tassel Ridge Winery, Leighton, IA(Term end Fall 2013)
- Colleen Murphy, Iowa Economic Development Authority, Des Moines, IA
- Bill Northey, Iowa Secretary of Agriculture, Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship, Des Moines, IA
Meetings are open to audit by all interested parties. Please contact us if you would like to attend.