About ISU Extension and Outreach: West Pottawattamie County
ISU Extension and Outreach supports healthy people, environments, and economies by providing educational opportunities. We meet local needs, improve quality of life, and help make West Pottawattamie County a better place to live.
Serving youth, communities and business, agriculture, home and family in West Pottawattamie County.
When you need to make decisions that affect your family, your community, your business or your farm, look to ISU Extension and Outreach for knowledge that works. You can rely on ISU Extension for unbiased, research-based information and education to help you make better decisions today and tomorrow.
Extension blends practical know-how with subject matter knowledge, empowering people to fulfill their needs and create new opportunities.
To learn more about ISU Extension refer to web site below:
The West Pottawattamie County Extension Council, county staff and ISU Extension and Outreach staff work together to provide research-based learning opportunities for our citizens. Through this partnership, we carry Iowa State University’s land-grant mission across West Pottawattamie County.
West Pottawattamie County programs are fulfilling that commitment:
- Becoming a scientist or engineer is not easy, but Iowa teens are getting hands-on experience.
- In only seven weeks, a child can learn how to stay away from alcohol and drugs.
- Starting conversations that lead to farm business transitionsfrom one generation to the next is hard – we help get them started.
- Schools and restaurants are trained to safely prepare nutritious foods.
- Families are learninghow to prepare healthy, economical meals.
- Foods grown and marketed locally boost the local economy and fulfill consumer demands
- Our communities are more sustainable.
- Businesses get individualized supportthey need to grow.
- Farmers depend on us for the latest crop production research.
We can anticipate trends, build relationships, and catalyze opportunities because we are part of the ongoing life of our communities, committed to healthy people, healthy environments, and healthy economies.
Counties Main Menu
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living