Westfair Forms Due July 1
**REMINDER: Fair Entry deadline for all animals, clothing event, apple pie, communications, camping, scholarships, etc. is JULY 1st before 5:00 p.m.
Office Extended Hours: June 29th (8 a.m. to 8 p.m.) and June 30th (8 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
Ak-Sar-Ben Market Broiler Entries are due July 1 (www.aksarben.org)
Iowa State Fair Livestock and Horticulture Entries due by July 1. The link to enter your Iowa State Fair 4-H Livestock and Horticulture is https://iowastatefair4hlivestock.fairentry.com/Fair/SignIn/808. Help sheets for families can be found HERE.
2016 Fairbook (West Pottawattamie 4-H Rules and Regulations)
2016 Westfair T-Shirt Order Form (Due July 1)
Most forms are available in pdf format or word format for your convenience.
- Exhibit Tip Sheets can be found at http://www.extension.iastate.edu/4h/page/exhibit-tip-sheets
- Project Hot Sheets (takes the place of the 4-H manuals) can be found at http://www.extension.iastate.edu/4h/page/4-h-project-hot-sheets
- Record Keeping Sheets can be found at http://www.extension.iastate.edu/4h/page/record-keeping
2016 Westfair Forms Due:
- Educational Presentation Entry Form - pdf version - word version - Due July 1
- Working Exhibit Entry Form - pdf version - word version - Due July 1
- Share the Fun Entry Form - pdf version - word version - Due July 1
- Extemporaneous Speaking Entry Form - pdf version - word version - Due July 1
- Poster Communication Label - pdf version - word version. Poster Communication Rules. Attach the report to your poster and bring it to fair on Wednesday, July 27. Special Poster Communication rules can be found in the fairbook (under the Personal Development section).
The Educational Presentation and Extemporaneous Speaking Contest will be held on Tuesday, July 19th at the Council Bluffs Public Library starting at 4:00 p.m. The Working Exhibit Contest will be held on Thursday, July 28th at 3 p.m. at Westfair. Communication/Poster Art can be submitted to the State Fair stage area on Wednesday, July 27th (according to the static exhibit club schedule).
Region 17 Table Setting Contest:
The West Pottawattamie County Table Setting Contest will be held on Tuesday, July 19th at the Council Bluffs Public Library beginning at 4 p.m. (set up begins at 3 p.m.). A casual and a formal setting from each age division will be chosen to represent West Pottawattamie at the Region 17 Table Setting Contest to be held on Tuesday, August 9, 2016 at the Council Bluffs Public Library.
Clothing Selection/Fashion Revue/$15 Challenge:
- Clothing Event Entry Form (use for all Fashion Revue, Clothing Selection and $15 Challenge) - pdf version - word version - Due July 1.
- Clothing Event Report Form - bring to judging day on July 17th with a 4x6 picture of you in your outfit - pdf version - word version
- Clothing Selection Score Sheet
- Fashion Revue Score Sheet
- $15 Challenge Score Sheet
- Clothing Selection/Fashion Revue/$15 Challenge Descriptions
The Clothing Event (judging for all Clothing Selection, Fashion Revue, and $15 Challenge) will take place at the Iowa School for the Deaf Lied Multipurpose Complex on July 17th beginning at 12:30 p.m. A schedule will be sent to all participants after July 1.
Apple Pie Contest Forms:
- Apple Pie Registration Form - pdf version - word version - Due July 1
- Apple Pie Letter to Contestants - includes supply list
The 4H Apple Pie Contest is a fundraiser for the West Pottawattamie 4H Program. Contestants will make the apple pies on Thursday, July 21 at Underwood Middle School and the pies will be auctioned off on Sunday, July 31 at 5 p.m. at Westfair. Exhibitors will receive a contest schedule after July 1.
Livestock and Animal Entry Forms:
- Animal Entry Form (Triplicate) - Due July 1 - must be hand delivered to the Extension Office prior to July 1 at 5 p.m. (no mail in, no faxes, must be signed by office staff).
- Animal Entry Form Instructions
- Bucket-Bottle Calf Worksheet - (Bring to 4H Fair Office on Wednesday, July 27)
Market Animal Disclosure Statements: (due when you unload your animals at the fairgrounds)
- Camping Permission and Registration Form - pdf version - word version - Due July 1 - Checks made payable to WESTFAIR. No campers prior to Tuesday, July 26. Fee for camping is $80 for electricity and $40 for tents (no electricity).
West Pottawattamie Scholarships:
- 2016 Longevity Scholarship - pdf version - word version - Due July 1
- 2016 Competitive Scholarship - pdf version - word version - Due July 1
- Hints and Tips for Scholarship Applications and Interviews
- Scholarship Interview Score Sheet
- Scholarship Written Material Score Sheet
Scholarship interviews (for competitive scholarship only) will be held at the West Pottawattamie Extension Office on Wednesday, July 20th beginning at 5:00 p.m. Applicants can sign up for an interview time when they submit their applications.
Other Exhibitor Information / Static Exhibit Information:
- Photography Exhibit Label (attach to the back of your picture and bring with you to photography exhibit judging)
- Photography Exhibit Judging Schedule - Photography will be judged on Sunday, July 17th at Iowa School for the Deaf
- Photography Exhibit Evaluation - bring with you on judging day (July 17)
The Photography Exhibits will be judged on Sunday, July 17th at the Iowa School for the Deaf Lied Multipurpose Building beginning at 12:30 p.m. See schedule for exact club times. All other static exhibits will be judged according to club schedule at Westfair on Wednesday, July 27.
- Static Exhibit Evaluation - bring with you to Static Exhibit Judging on Wednesday, July 27. One evaluation needed for each exhibit.
- Static Exhibit Judging Schedule - Wednesday, July 27
- Preserved Food Exhibit Canning Label
- Blue Building Booth Map
- Design Elements and Art Principles
- Understanding Design for Home Improvement
- Copyright Information
- Inappropriate Food Exhibits
- SCORE with Your Posters
- Public Speaking Pointers
- Iowa 4H Animal and Poultry Identification, Weighing and Exhibiting requirements for County, State, and Interstate Shows
Counties Main Menu
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living