Westfair 2014 Queen Contest
Westfair Queen Contest Rules and Regulations
1. Applications must be typed.
2. Applicant must be 16 years old and not more than 21 years of age by the first day of the Iowa State Fair. (August 7, 2014)
3. Applicant must reside in the county she represents or in adjoining county if the majority of her activities are in the county she represents. Additional information about this can be found in the Iowa States Fair Rules.
4. Applicant must never have been married or have had children. If selected queen, she cannot marry during her reign.
5. Applicants must display leadership qualities.
6. Eligibility is not limited to 4-H membership.
7. A release form must be filled out, signed, and included with application in order to be eligible to complete.
8. Five individual wallet size or larger photographs scanned or mounted to five sheets of 8” X 11” paper (name printed on top) must be included with application form. Single close-up photos are preferred.
9. Contestants are required to find a local business or individual that will agree to sponsor them. The sponsor will agree to pay $100.00 entry fee. Sponsorship checks should be made out to Westfair. Contestant may have two sponsors each contributing $50.00. The sponsor’s name and the check must be returned with the application by March 31, 2014.
10. The winner in each category MUST BE available at all times during fair week, July 23-28, 2014.
11. Failure to comply with any of the previous rules will require relinquishing of title and awards.
NO REFUNDS AFTER ENTRY RECEIVED.
Mail application, consent/release form, photographs, resume, and sponsor’s fee of $100.00 by March 31, 2014 to:
236 Zenith Drive
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
WESTFAIR QUEEN CONTEST – GENERAL INFORMATION
· The Westfair Queen will be selected by a panel of 5 judges.
· Judging for Queen, 1st and 2nd Runner-up, and Miss Leadership will be based on the following points:
A. Charm, Poise and Overall Appearance 20 pts.
B. Leadership Abilities and Activity Involvement 20 pts.
C. Personality and Attitude 20 pts.
D. Overall Impression 20 pts.
E. Participation – Punctuality 20 pts.
Miss Congeniality will be chosen by ballot among candidates.
For the title of “Miss Citizenship” each contestant must write an essay not to exceed 250 (please use word counter) words about “What Citizenship Means to Me”. The essay will be read in front of the panel of judges. Two copies will be needed on Judging Day. Please do not send these to the committee ahead of time.
Each contestant should be prepared to appear in the following dress as called upon:
A. Appropriate Business Attire
B. Business Casual – Reading of Citizenship Essay & Group Interview
C. Evening Gown – Banquet and Coronation
· An escort for the banquet and coronation must be chosen by the candidates. (This may be a boyfriend, a male friend, a dad, grandfather, uncle, etc.)
· The winner of the Westfair Pageant will be crowned “Miss Westfair” on the opening night of the fair (Wednesday).
Awards will include the following:
Crown & Sash-Farm Bureau Award -Cash Award-Bouquet of Roses-Trophy Lifetime Westfair Membership
1st Runner-Up and 2nd Runner –Up will receive the following: Sash-Cash Award-Trophy
Miss Leadership and Miss Citizenship will receive the following: Sash - Cash Award -Farm Bureau Award-Trophy
Miss Congeniality will receive the following: Sash-Cash Award-Trophy
· Orientation Meeting– May 18, 2014 @ ISU Extension Office @ 4:00pm MANDATORY
· Community Projectby 2013 Westfair Queen (Date to be announced)
· Celebrate CB Parade– May 17, 2014
· Underwood 4th of July Parade
· Portraits(Date to be announced)
· Dance Practice – (Dates to be announced)
· Judging Day– Saturday, July 19, 2014 @ Iowa Western Community College
· Banquet - Sunday evening, July 20th, 2014 @ Iowa Western Community College
· Coronation– Wednesday July 23, 2014 @ Westfair Amphitheater
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living