About ISU Extension and Outreach: Webster County
When you need to make decisions that affect your family, home, community, business, or farm, ASK ISU/Webster County Extension. You can rely on ISU Extension for unbiased, research-based information an education to help you make better decisions today and tomorrow.
In 1903 a group of Iowa farmers cooperated with Iowa State to establish the "extension idea" - taking the land-grant college to the people. Today Iowa State University Extension looks forward to being part of a better future for all Iowans in the next 100 years. The 2016 Webster Co. Extension Stakeholder Report shares a few examples of ISU Extension at work in Webster County.
Webster County offers a resource directory that benefit all residents of Webster County.
- Webster County Resource Directory- Local Help for Tough Times - updated December, 2016 (PDF file)
The Webster County Extension Council, county staff and ISU Extension and Outreach staff work together to provide research-based learning opportunities for our citizens. Through this partnership, we carry Iowa State University’s land-grant mission across Webster County.
- Becoming a scientist or engineer is not easy, but Iowa teens are getting hands-on experience.
- In only seven weeks, a child can learn how to stay away from alcohol and drugs.
- Starting conversations that lead to farm business transitions from one generation to the next is hard – we help get them started.
- Schools and restaurants are trained to safely prepare nutritious foods.
- Families are learning how to prepare healthy, economical meals.
- Foods grown and marketed locally boost the local economy and fulfill consumer demands.
- Our communities are more sustainable.
- Businesses get individualized support they need to grow.
- Farmers depend on us for the latest crop production research.
We can anticipate trends, build relationships, and catalyze opportunities because we are part of the ongoing life of our communities, committed to healthy people, healthy environments, and healthy economies.
Counties Main Menu
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living