Northern Iowa Research Farm Association Field Day Is Sept. 4
KANAWHA, Iowa - Palmer waterhemp, soybean cyst management and an update on the new weather station will highlight the Iowa State University Northern Research and Demonstration Farm fall field day Sept. 4. The field day will take place at the south location of the research farm, 1040 James Ave., Kanawha, approximately a mile south of Kanawha on county road R35.
Registration and refreshments will be at 9 a.m. and the field day will start at 9:30 a.m. A lunch will be served at noon. The field day will conclude at 1 p.m. The field day agenda includes the following speakers and topics.
- Micah Smidt, Northern Research Farm superintendent, will begin the field day program with a season review of the farm.
- Elwynn Taylor, ISU Extension and Outreach climatologist, will discuss the new weather station at the Northern Iowa Research Farm. Taylor also will talk about the current trends in weather and climate.
- Bob Hartzler, ISU Extension and Outreach weed management specialist, will cover waterhemp management in corn and soybean and research and identification of Palmer amaranth.
- Greg Tylka, ISU Extension and Outreach nematologist, will provide an update on recent research on soybean cyst management and share ways farmers can manage nematodes that feed on corn.
Angie Rieck-Hinz and Paul Kassel, ISU Extension and Outreach field agronomists, will discuss crop production issues, including crop development, crop disease and other late summer topics.
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living