About ISU Extension and Outreach: Wayne County
Youth in our county are served by 4-H, Clover Kids, Girl Talk, Family Storyteller, and much more.
Pick a Better Snack and Act food and nutrition education takes place in many classrooms in Wayne County.
Growing Strong Families provides essential guidance and material for raising a healthy and stable family through home visitation.
Pesticide Applicators and Manure Applicators, both commercial and private/confinement, are provided with the essential trainings to keep their certifications current and ongoing in our county.
Ag producers are served with ongoing and updated information related to all types of operations and all types of situations.
Gardeners can get all of their questions answered, big or small, with our tremendous resources.
The Wayne County Extension Council, county staff and ISU Extension and Outreach staff work together to provide research-based learning opportunities for our citizens. Through this partnership, we carry Iowa State University’s land-grant mission across Wayne County.
Our 2011 Points of Pride tells how we act on that commitment.
Wayne County programs are fulfilling that commitment:
- Becoming a scientist or engineer is not easy, but Iowa teens are getting hands-on experience.
- In only seven weeks, a child can learn how to stay away from alcohol and drugs.
- Starting conversations that lead to farm business transitionsfrom one generation to the next is hard – we help get them started.
- Schools and restaurants are trained to safely prepare nutritious foods.
- Families are learninghow to prepare healthy, economical meals.
- Foods grown and marketed locally boost the local economy and fulfill consumer demands
- Our communities are more sustainable.
- Businesses get individualized supportthey need to grow.
- Farmers depend on us for the latest crop production research.
We can anticipate trends, build relationships, and catalyze opportunities because we are part of the ongoing life of our communities, committed to healthy people, healthy environments, and healthy economies.
Counties Main Menu
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living