About ISU Extension and Outreach: Washington County
The Washington County Extension Council, county staff and ISU Extension and Outreach staff work together to provide research-based learning opportunities for our citizens. Through this partnership, we carry Iowa State University’s land-grant mission across Washington County.
Washington County programs are fulfilling that commitment:
- Becoming a scientist or engineer is not easy, but Iowa teens are getting hands-on experience.
- In only seven weeks, a child can learn how to stay away from alcohol and drugs.
- Starting conversations that lead to farm business transitionsfrom one generation to the next is hard – we help get them started.
- Schools and restaurants are trained to safely prepare nutritious foods.
- Families are learninghow to prepare healthy, economical meals.
- Foods grown and marketed locally boost the local economy and fulfill consumer demands
- Our communities are more sustainable.
- Businesses get individualized supportthey need to grow.
- Farmers depend on us for the latest crop production research.
We can anticipate trends, build relationships, and catalyze opportunities because we are part of the ongoing life of our communities, committed to healthy people, healthy environments, and healthy economies.
Eastern Iowa Agriculture & Natural Resources News - Spring 2014
Iowa State University and Washington County Extension have worked together to bring knowledge to the citizens of Washington County for many years. Washington County Extension is available to every citizen of Washington County.
Iowa State University Extension serves Iowans through six program area: Agriculture and Natural Resources, Business and Industry, Communities, Families, 4-H Youth Development, and Continuing Education. Washington County brings the university to you.
Please browse our website for more information on what is available to you.
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living