: Beef Weigh-In date December 28th
All 4-Hers who wish to exhibit market beef animals at the 2014 Warren County Fair must weigh and identify those animals. A maximum of 6 steers and 6 heifers may be weighed and ID - ™d. All must be dehorned and males must have been castrated by weigh in.
County Market Beef
- ¢ Time: 7-10 AM
- ¢ Ear Tag: $2.00/animal
- ¢ Market Beef ID - ™s must be completed with tattoo, breed & sire information and signed
- ¢ Notify weigh-in volunteer of Advanced Feeder Animal (pen of 3 market animals) Info:
Iowa State Fair and other 4-H Sponsored Show Exhibitors
- ¢ Time:10 am-12:00 pm - Noon
- ¢ State Fair retinal scan $5.00/animal plus ear tag.
- ¢ Ak-Sar-Ben DNA collection
$5.00/animal plus ear tag.
Beef Exhibitor Tidbits
- ¢ Affidavit of Warren County Produced Animal (must be turned in to Fair Secretary before last day of Fair Entry week)
- ¢ Reminder: Ear Tag Policy
Eligibility after loss of an ear tag: A Market Beef Superintendent must re-tag the animal and obtain signatures on a triplicate form:
(1 copy to Extension Office, 1 copy to Fair Office, 1 copy for Exhibitor)
Weigh-In snow date is January 4, 2014.
Should you be unable to participate in the Warren County Beef Weigh-in, you may weigh your market animal(s) at the following surrounding counties. PLEASE: Be sure to call the county to confirm the date, time, and place! Also, please be sure to pick up your Warren County ear tags and DNA envelope (if needed for Ak-Sar-Ben) at the Warren County Extension office prior to the weigh-in.
Clarke County (641-342-3316) - “ To Be Determined
Dallas County - “ (515-993-4281) - “ Saturday, December 14th from 7:30 - “ 11:00 am on Dallas County Fairgrounds
Jasper County - “ (641-792-6433) - “ TENTATIVE: Monday, December 23rd
Lucas County (641-774-2016) - “ TENTATIVE: Friday, December 27 from 4 - “ 6 pm
Madison County - “ Saturday, December 7th from 8 - “ 11:30 am - “ Madison County Livestock Auction (located on Fairgrounds)
Marion County - “ Sunday, January 5th from 1:00 - “ 3:00 pm - “ Knoxville Regional Livestock Market
Polk County - “ Saturday