Print and Online Resources
- Department of Economics Extension and Outreach. Provides links to publications, periodicals and programs in agricultural economics for Iowa farms. www.econ.iastate.edu/extension-and-outreach
- Ag Decision Maker, Iowa State University Extension- Ag Decision Maker is an electronic newsletter and online library of information files. Ag Decision Maker covers a wide range of topics in farm management, agricultural marketing, new business development and renewable energy. It is coordinated by Iowa State University Extension economists in the Economics department and Extension farm management field specialists.
- Farm Economics: Current Issues. www.extension.iastate.edu/feci/
- Agricultural Management e-School. The Agricultural Management E-School (AMES) extends management education to agricultural producers, educators and service providers. AMES complements traditional meetings, bulletins and newsletters. In-depth self-study courses and resource centers that address important management topics are avilable at any time and any place that an Internet connection exists. www.extension.iastate.edu/ames/
- Farm Financial Planning Program. Farm Financial Planning helps you evaluate your farm business and determine whether or not a change is desirable. It provides an in-depth plan for the farm business so the operator and the lender can make decisions for the future. The computer analysis looks at profitability, liquidity, solvency and risk-bearing ability. This information is provided for three or more alternative plans at a time. www.extension.iastate.edu/farmanalysis/
- Annie's Project, Risk Management for Farm Women, Iowa State University Extension. Annie's Project is an educational program dedicated to strenthening women's roles in the modern farm enterprise. Currently, classes are being taught in 27 states. Through six educational sessions, Annie's Project fosters problem solving, record keeping, and decision-making skills in farm women. The National Center for Annie's Project is based at Iowa State University.