Story County 4-H Foundation Grant
The Story County 4-H Foundation Board reviews and awards grants submitted by 4-H clubs/groups or individuals quarterly.
The objectives of the grant programs are:
- To support a strong, safe, and vital 4-H program
- To support educational programs that encourage growth and excitement in youth
- To make 4-H more accessible to more youth
- To support and recognize youth and adults in the program
Two separate award categories are available and require an application or request for funds. Youth or adults may apply for the grant. We encourage youth to take leadership in the planning and implementing of club commmunity service projects. Adults may want to apply for support of an educational program they plan for their club or group. Additonally, individuals who are interested in gaining new skills and knowledge whcih they can bring back to their club/group or the Story County 4-H program are eligible to apply. Applications may be submitted 4 times a year: March 1, June 1, September 1, and December 1.
- Individual Grant - grants in this category support youth or adults participating in an Education Experience (event or activitiy)
- Group Grant - grants in this category support 4-H clubs/groups with community service projects OR an educational program, workshop, or event carried out by a 4-H club/group
All applications must be submitted to:ISU Extension and Outreach - Story County 220 H Avenue, Box 118 Nevada, Iowa 50201
After a grant application is submitted, it will be reviewed and an interview will be scheduled with the applicant(s). Funding will be awarded after the first of April, July, October, and January. Dollars must be used within one year of award.
Recipients of dollars are to submit a report to the Foundation Board within 30 days of the completion of the project. The report will help the 4-H Foundation tell donors your story of how their dollars are making a difference in the lives of 4-H'ers and others.
For questions regarding the Story County 4-H Foundation Grant, please contact the Story County Extension and Outrach Office at 515-382-6551.
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living