HyperStream, a preferred STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) scale-up program through the Governor’s scale-up initiative, partners with business and education. HyperStream clubs foster real-world learning through hands-on projects and engaging presentations—all with professional technology mentoring.
Members learn a variety of concepts and skills in technology. Members can choose to focus in any or all of these three areas of technology:
- Robotics: Members are challenged to understand the purpose and procedures of robotics. Using Lego Mindstorms NXT software and education kits, teams build robots and create coding commands for robots to follow.
- Game Design: Teams use the Alice programming system to experiment with programming logic and language. Members blend technology with creativity to create educational game worlds with virtual characters and plots.
- Multimedia: Members learn about a variety of mediums as they dapple into fields of photography, photo editing, video production, presentation software, web design and more. Multimedia teams create a collection of multimedia projects wrapped around marketing and product development.
Interested in learning more about Hyperstream? Contact the Story County Extension Office at 515-382-6551 or check out their website at: http://www.extension.iastate.edu/boone/news/hyperstream-0.
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living