Posters provide a way for 4-H’ers to non-verbally communicate to the public. Rules for this contest include:
- Only one poster per 4-H’er. 4-H’ers will have the option to have a conference with the judge or to have the poster non-conference judged (the exhibitor doesn’t meet with the judge). Conference judging of posters will have a designated block of time determined after all entries are received and a schedule is made. Exhibitors will be informed of the designated block of time for posters in the exhibitor letter they will receive the week of March 16.
Choose one of the following poster themes:
- 4-H is . . . (Open to 4-H’ers interpretation)
- Join 4-H
- Dare to Discover (The 2015 Iowa 4-H Youth Conference theme)
- Nothing Compares (The 2015 Iowa State Fair theme)
- The 2015 Poster Exhibit Entry Form should be attached to the back of the poster. This form will be mailed to you the week of March 25.
- All posters must be designed on or affixed to, standard poster board or foam core board – size minimum of 14” x 20” or maximum of 15” x 22”. Posters may be vertical or horizontal and completed with any medium: watercolor, ink, crayon, acrylic, charcoal, oils, collage, etc. They cannot be 3-dimensional and materials used to make the poster cannot extend more than 1/8 inch above the poster or foam core board.
- The poster may include the 4-H emblem/clover. Do not print on or cover the emblem, however, because it is a copyright logo. Posters cannot incorporate materials or exact copies of other promotional designs, such as the Iowa 4-H Youth Conference theme logo.
- Participants in the 4-H Poster Contest may take their posters home for 4-H displays OR they may leave their poster with Extension staff to have it displayed during the 2015 Story County Youth Fair and throughout the year.
Counties Main Menu
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living