Discover 4-H - 2nd and 3rd Grade After-School Program
What is Discover 4-H?
Discover 4-H is a
The primary goal of the Discover 4-H program is to promote children’s healthy development—mentally, physically, socially, and emotionally. The youth and adult volunteers have fun exploring our world through a do, reflect, apply, experiential education approach to learning that encourages cooperation, creativity and fun ways to learn.
What can your child expect to do in Discover 4-H?
· Explore science with simple science experiments
· Strengthen motor skills through a variety of art experience and crafts
· Have fun learning and playing cooperative games
· Make friends and learn to work positively in a group setting.
· Work with older 4-H youth
· Participate in the
Discover 4-H Leaders
These program are made possible through the leadership of trained adult volunteers who are screened and approved through the Iowa Child Protection Policy and volunteer their time to work with youth in your community.
2011-2012 Discover 4-H
Dates: Once a Month December - May
Time: After school – day to be decided in each community
Location: To be decided in each school district or community, Sioux Center, Hull, Boyden, Hospers, Orange City, Rock Valley and Hawarden
1st Graders are invited after January 1.
Lynda Kroeze, Youth Program Assistant
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living