Help Wanted: Programs Office Assistant
Deadline to apply: April 4, 2014
Job Purpose: The office assistant supports Iowa State University Extension and Outreach with the clerical and office support required for the preparation and implementation of educational programs (including data entry, managing events, projects, and volunteers). Primary responsibilities include support and coordination of K-12 youth programs, including the 4-H Youth Development Program, in Sioux County to improve the effectiveness and efficient delivery of programming to the citizens and youth of Sioux County.
- Primary focus of work will be assisting staff in a fast paced environment on projects that are leading to an educational event, presentation, workshop and/or other delivery of extension subject matter
- Provides a variety of office assistance including clerical, data management, marketing and communications.
- Effectively organizes resources, information and data for use in the support of program execution and reporting.
- Reports to the staff in an efficient manner in all aspects of program details relevant to program success under the direction and supervision of the Personnel Committee.
- Keeps effective records of administrative program data required for reporting attendance, financials if applicable, and the adherence of civil rights goals.
- Primary responsibility for fair management program
- Data entry; regular telephone and email correspondence with partners and volunteers; acquiring, organizing, and program materials for delivery by program staff
- To provide excellent customer support, greet clients and partners in and out of the office professionally.
- Backup the front counter office assistant duties as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the county extension council
- Be able to communicate effectively in verbal and written form with customers and staff members
- Work effectively and efficiently with others (teamwork) in a fast paced environment
- Ability to organize and prioritize events and activities for the best possible outcomes
- Ability to manage and maintain details to ensure efficient and speedy completion of projects and activities
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Basic computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite programs, e-mail, Internet and social media knowledge
- Willingness and ability to stay current with computer technology
- Valid driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle are required
- Be approved through the Child Protection and Safety Program
- Proficient with office machines i.e. typing, copying, and telephone
- Ability to communicate , oral and written, in Spanish desirable
- Hourly position, 20 hours per week average, with variation depending on activities and projects in process (work week negotiable within normal hours: M-F, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm (exceptions as needed)
- Minimum pay $10.00 per hour, negotiable depending upon qualifications and budget
- Entry level position
- Opportunity for personal growth and career development in a dynamic, positive, education environment
Application deadline April 4, 2014
Please send resume, letter of application and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Sioux County Extension
400 Central Avenue, NW, Suite 700
Orange City, IA 51041
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living